Bitty-Ball Leagues K/1st/2nd Grades
Some teams are just ready to play early... Get them in the game- Join the Bitty-Ball League!
If you have been looking for an advanced league, for the young age groups, Midwest has you covered with the 7th Annual Bitty-Ball basketball league. The league is designed for more advanced young players, who have the ability to compete on the basketball floor.
Here is a look at some of the top 1st/2nd grade teams that compete in the league-Detroit Heat, MWA Elite, Blue Water, Flint Affiliation, REACH Legends, Motor City Thunder, Motor City Chargers, Pontiac Cobras, Michigan Playmakers, Michigan Jr. Hoopers, PSP, The Express, etc…
League Overview: The league will offer regulation sized full courts, 10-foot baskets, state certified referees, updated weekly standing, double-header games, 40 minute games, 10 game season and team awards.
2018 League Session Dates:
January 7th to February 11th-Winter Session I-(Sunday games)
Regular Season January 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th & League Finals February 11th
February 18th to March 18th-Winter Session II-(Sunday games)
Regular Season February 18th, 25th, March 4th, 11th & League Finals March 18th
Game Times: Sunday Games will be played in the afternoon 2:00pm to 6:00pm at Harper Woods High School-20225 Beaconsfield Rd., Harper Woods, MI 48225. Summer league Wednesday night games will be played 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
League Cost: (Cost covers 1-session) Single team entry is $595 | Multiple team entry is $495 |
Registration: Please go to www.mwabasketball.com to register for the 2017 Bitty-ball league
League Contact: League Director is Stephen Benard 313-580-0351 | email@example.com
Team Registration/Paperwork Needed:
- All teams must submit a completed roster prior to their first game. The roster can be downloaded in this email.
- Please note that week-2 will be the final week to add/remove players from your roster.
- League payment in the amount of $595 for a single team entry or $495 for multi-team discount. Payments can be made by check, pay pal, money order or cash. Payments should be made to Midwest Athletics and paid before your first game. Please report to the registration table prior to your first game-(submit league payment, turn in your roster form and pick-up a hard copy of the coach’s packet).
- Midwest Athletics primary goal is have all teams compete in the best games possible in league play. Age and ability will be the determining factor for weekly scheduled games.
- League Schedules are released weekly on Wednesday’s. Weekly schedules will insure that all requests can be met. Please make your parents aware of the weekly release…
League Play Format/Play-offs:
The regular season will consist of 8-regular season games. Teams will play 2-games each time they are scheduled for league play. The regular season record will count towards the teams overall play-off seeding. League tiebreakers will be determined by the following.
- Winner of the head to head game.
- Point differential in all games-(15 point max)
Play-off round schedules will be selected by each teams seed placing-(regular season standings). There will be a Gold, Silver and Bronze brackets for Championship Sunday.
The top 4-5 teams will be in the Gold bracket, the next 4-5 teams in the Silver division and the remaining teams in the Bronze bracket.
Note: The league director will have the option to make adjustments to bracket play without notice-(tie breakers, more or less than 12 teams in a certain division, etc.).
- Harper Woods High School-20225 Beaconsfield, Harper Woods, MI 48225
- Madison Heights Madison High School-915 East 11 Mile Rd., Madison Heights, MI 48071
- Lakeview High School-21100 11 Mile Rd., St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
League Rules: (MHSAA Rules apply, except for the following):
- Games will consist of two, 20-minute running halves.-The clock will stop the last minute of each half.
- Ball size will be a 28.5
- Overtime is 2 minutes-(1 minute of running and 1-minute of stopped). Each team will begin with a jump ball. Overtime will continue with 2-minute sessions until there is a winner. 1-time out per overtime session.
- Two full (one-minute) time outs and two 30-second time outs are allowed per game. Time outs do carryover per half but not for overtime. Warm-up time before each game will be 3-5 minutes-Half time will be 3 minutes long.
- Games will consist of two, 20-minute running halves.
- Full court press is only allowed the last 2-minutes of the 2nd half. Half court defense of any kind is allowed for the entire game.
- Free throw line will be set at 12-feet. If the player goes over the 12-foot line, it will result in a violation. Players that shot from the 15 foot line are allowed to go over the line.
- Midwest Athletics will not tolerate any unsportsmanship-like conduct from anybody for any reason.
League Director: Stephen Benard-313-580-0351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Director: Darrell Brown-313-657-0090